Monday, December 24, 2007

MERRY CHRISTMAS

After that last post, and getting that off my chest. I want to take a minute and share everything I am thankful about. Right now I am done ( for the moment) baking cookies. My ham is almost done. Greg and I straightened up the house today. I have all gifts including Dakotas ( our 4 legged baby boy) wrapped and neatly placed under the tree. I am listening to Christmas songs ( have been all day). thinking about all the things I am thankful for.

1. I am thankful for a wonderful husband, companion, best friend, and soul partner Greg

2. I am thankful for wonderful friends, both online and in person.

3. I am thankful for a wonderful Brother and sister in law

4. I am thankful for a beautiful niece Madison.

5. I am grateful for the new baby that is due in May.

6. I am thankful for finally seeing the end of the tunnel in college in hopes to get my degree May 17th.

7. I am thankful for all my family, some I don't talk to as often as I should, but they are always in my thoughts and prayers.

8. Most importantly, I am both grateful and thankful for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who was born of the virgin Mary, died and risen, and soon will come again. Jesus gave his life, so I will be able to enter the gates of Heaven. What a WONDERFUL GIFT !!!!

As I sit here and think about this night many many years ago, Mary and Joseph being turned away from the Inn after traveling for so long. Mary about to give birth, and sent to the stables where the animals were kept. God sent his son to deliver us all from Evil. I think about the angel appearing to the shepherds, and those 3 wise men, who following a star, found our Lord and Savior laying in a Manger, in the little town of Bethlehem.

Then look at our society today. Christmas has become so commercialized. People spend so much money of gifts for their family. You can spend all the money in the world, but the greatest gift you can gift your friends and family is the gift of time.

I sit and read the story of the birth of Jesus, and also read a book Santa and the Christ Child. It really puts into perspective the TRUE meaning of this Holiday Season.

Now I must finish preparing everything, so I can head to bed so Santa can perform his "magic" tonight. I will post pictures tomorrow sometime of the decorations as well as pictures of a dog that opens his own gifts. I sure hope Santa doesn't leave to much for Dakota this year.

Merry Christmas and God Bless you all.

No comments: