Monday, May 5, 2008

Time is Ticking......

Graduation is just around the corner. I have so much to do I think I am going crazy. Greg went to the Nascar race last weekend and he had a blast. I really missed him while he was gone. I called in work tonight to spend another day with him before going back to work. Today I went and picked up my cap, gown and hood from college. I also turned in all the paperwork from my internship. I am really starting to stress about it all. I just hope everything goes well. I worry about everything honestly. I have invited a lot of family and close friends over, some of which I haven't seen for a while. I am excited about that, but want to make sure my house is just perfect before then. I do have a display I have been working on of pictures of me growing up. I got the idea from one of my cousins college graduation party.

I turned in my resignation where I work now. Things are getting really bad there, and I just can't take it anymore. Some of the people are really good to work with, but the supervisors on day shift are making life a nightmare for everyone. I want to start working in my field. I just hope I find something fast. I still haven't ordered food yet. I wanted to get a final count of RSVP's before I do that. I have heard from some people, but others I haven't heard anything from yet. So far I have between 25 and 30 people coming to the party. I am ordering some of the food, but other food I am preparing myself. Now to all my readers...I have a question. This is what I am thinking of having at the party.... is there anything I may be missing?

Chicken Wings
Sloppy Joe
Baked Beans
Chips
Cake
Ice Cream
vegetable Platter
some sort of salad ( potato, macaroni, pasta) ( not sure yet on which one I will make)
thinking of Hot Dog and Hamburgers
Mac and Cheese


Also there will be kids there... so I want to have something here for them. The youngest will be about 1 and the oldest will be about 8. There will be more kids between 1 and 4. I am thinking of getting bubbles for them, but not sure what else I can get. I don't have a large yard, so there isn't a whole lot of room to run around in. I will be going to the dollar store this weekend to see what else I can get.

With all this going on, I wish more and more my parents were here to help me celebrate. I know they are looking down on me, but its not the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nerf football, beanbag toss, ring toss, jump rope, they can play tag, hide and seek, mother may I. It will be fun :) Have a great time and good luck to you!