Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The day after.....

I had a nice chat with Greg about things that are bothering me last night. Let me tell you... I feel a whole lot better already. I know the situations haven't changed, but my thoughts and feelings have. I feel more relaxed,and more confident in myself. I guess it did help a lot that I didn't have to work last night to, a much needed time to relax and get my thoughts together. I am still really nervous about the foster care classes that start tomorrow. Will I make a good parent? Will I know how to handle the children that come into our care? Will I like the child or better yet, will the child like me? Will I be able to help make a positive change in the childs life? Will the child feel good being in our care? Will they feel safe and loved? How will I handle if a child leaves our care to go back home? Will I be betraying our children who are not with us by caring for another child? There are so many thoughts and questions I have for myself. I have spent many years thinking about this, praying for an answer in what to do. I feel this is what the Lord has planned for us. Somewhere out there, there is a child who is waiting on someone to adopt them. They may have siblings ( which if offered we will accept also), there will be issues that need to be addressed. But even with everything... they are still a child... a child looking for somewhere to call home.... a forever family. Tomorrow is also my nieces 3rd birthday. I can't believe she will be 3 years old already. It seems like yesterday she was born. Now the only thing left for me to worry about BESIDES the presidential election ( and that is another post) is my other job. I know the Lord has a plan in store for me....I just wish I knew what it was.

No comments: